Friday, October 3, 2008

Noah - Wake up and Smell the Coffee. . .

Genesis 8:1 But God remembered Noah and all the wild animals and the livestock that were with him in the ark, and he sent a wind over the earth, and the waters receded.

The beginning of this verse certainly may cause concern for the undiscerned believer. Did God forget poor Noah meandering about in the waters across the world? Was Noah completely left to his own while floating along the Pacatlantindiarc Ocean? What else was God possibly doing during this time that he would forget Noah?

Well the verse doesn't say God "forgot" Noah. It says, "God remembered Noah". It just means that Noah's time of being on the ark was nearing it's end. That the quiet time of just floating around was over. God was going to make His move.

Sometimes we can get torn down. It's hard for us to see the light at the end of the tunnel. We do our best to do what God wants us to do - but as life wears on, people give you trouble, husbands cause arguments - we get worn out waiting for the benefits to show up. I wonder if Noah would think about when he would be able to get off the ark and start his next mission. Is that how we are? Are we too busy trying to get one thing over with that we miss the blessing of doing what God has told us to do - where he's told us to do it.

God sent a strong wind to start the waters receding. I'm sure Noah felt this. It had been over 150 days with nothing. Now finally, some movement. Are we willing to work hard where we are planted? Despite our oppositions? Are we willing to stick it out until God sends some movement our way. I hope so.

1 comment:

sailorcross said...

Hi Dorothy!!

I'm hanging in there waiting expectantly for God. Others prayers have been so uplifting for me.

And yes, I'm more than willing to work hard where I'm planted and stick it out until God decides to send some movement my way!

Noah is a great inspiration to this, isn't he? Whenever I feel as though the work is too hard or I may be belittled or even persecuted for my love of God, I will always remember Noah and what he went through!

Thank you for this great series!!

Beth