Monday, March 7, 2011

Stolen IPhone 4: Grand Theft (Part 1)

1 Thess 5:2 For you know quite well that the day of the Lord will come unexpectedly, like a thief in the night.

My husband's iphone 4 was stolen at Wal-Mart over the weekend. As inconveniences go, getting a cell phone stolen ranks right up there with stolen credit cards, wallets and photo identifications. Services were shut off, employer contacts were notified and police reports were filed. Were you aware that stealing a cell phone that had a purchase value of over $700 makes that act a 'Grand Theft' - which in actuality means nothing if you never catch the thief.

My husband, being the faithful facebook status updater that he is, received several condolence comments, but the most entertaining comments were the ones that told him what he 'should've' done to avoid this. For anyone wondering, NO - he had not downloaded the GPS app that helps you locate a lost or stolen iphone.

He had just finished texting me when he walked into the store and placed the phone and his wallet in the front of the cart. Before he got to the auto parts aisle, the phone was gone. One turn, one blink of an eye, one momentary look away and it was gone. all the contact names and numbers, all 1400 undownloaded pictures of vacations and family holidays, all drafted emails - gone.

Had we taken that one precaution of downloading the GPS app, the phone would've been discovered by now and this would all be an unpleasant memory. This was just a phone, that's all.

There is something much bigger at stake. Jesus is coming, as stealth as that thief. With one turn of the head or one momentary look away, He will return and if we have not taken the one necessary precaution that is needed to ensure that we stay with our rightful Owner, all could be lost. Nothing to download, no contracts to fill out and it's completely free. Romans 6:23 says For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.

IPhone 4: $700.00
Salvation: Priceless

Always Be Prepared....

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry you feel this way and honestly think someone is coming back for you and your family. The rapture is a fairy tale to keep Christians on their best behavior and so they don't question authority.

The best you and your family could do to free yourself from the fear of being left behind is forgetting about what the bible says and live your life for YOU.

Dorothy Champagne said...

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and for leaving a comment. I love your musical notes as a signature.
I understand how you think that I am wrong. I, personally, don't fear being left behind. Even though you don't believe it to be true, I do believe that there is a God and because He loves us so much He did send His son Jesus to die on a cross so that we don't have to spend eternity in hell. That being said, living my life for me is living my life for Jesus. I enjoy reading the Bible and singing songs of praise and sharing what I know about Jesus with others. If I am wrong as you think, I will have lived my life fully and happily and then I will be gone - I will have lost nothing. On the other hand, if I am right - you will have lost everything.
I don't want that for you - neither does Jesus.

Unknown said...

wow. living your life for YOU sounds like a sad way to live. and an even sadder way to die.

Unknown said...

AMEN DANNY AND DOROTHY!! WOW BLESSED TO HAPPEN UPON THIS BLOG! COME SEE MY YOUTUBE SOMETIME... IT'S YOUTUBE.COM/JESUSISCOMINGRUREADY

LOVE,CATRINA

PS...ANOTHER AMAZING SITE OF TESTIMONIES- EVEN BILL WIESES IS ON HERE FREE TO READ- JUST SCROLL DOWN...

WWW.SPIRITLESSONS.COM

THE SPIRIT AND THE BRIDE SAY COME!

Wife Of A Disciple said...

I liked your IPhone story, did he ever find his phone??

sgtbeavers said...

Thank God there are other Christians out their

sgtbeavers said...

Oh on my iphone on the signature block I have two sayings

1. try Jesus if you don't like Him, the devil will always take you back.
2. The best vitamin for a Christian is B1

this goes out with each email I send

Jacob Fields said...

I like your simple message and theme throughout the few posts of yours I have read. The theme that all you need is Jesus. Your stories encourage me, hopefully my words can be beneficial to you in the future (I am new to blogger)

http://jacobwfields.blogspot.com